Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Insurance Injustice

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2008/06/23/critical-care.html

It's rare that I read things that actually make me feel sick to my stomach because I'm so mad.
This article, even though I knew the facts before hand, still made me furious.

I feel that our country's insurance has grown careless and has cast an enormous group of its citizens by the waste side simply because it would be expensive. Isn't that what we pay for insurance for? Care when we need it? I think that with the chance of relapse being so high and the mortality rates of anorexia especially being as drastic as they are (20% of those with anorexia will die of complications) insurance companies should cover treatment in full. This is a serious mental illness despite their desire to label it as anything but.

No comments:

Post a Comment